If you have mild to moderate knee pain, you can often treat it at home. Whether due to a sprain or arthritis, there are several ways to manage it.
Pain due to inflammation, arthritis, or a minor injury will often resolve without medical help. Home remedies can give you instant relief from pain.
But if the pain is severe, or if symptoms persist or get worse, you may need to seek medical attention for a full assessment.
Read on for more information about natural ways to relieve knee pain.
Natural Ways To Relieve Knee Pain:
- 2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- Half cup of warm olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated ginger root
For root inflammation, mix 2 tbsp cayenne pepper with a half cup of warm olive oil add 1 tbsp grated ginger root. Apply the ointment to the affected knee 2 times a day for 15-20 minutes. Then rinse it off with warm water.
2. Epsom salt
People with weak knees usually have a low level of magnesium in the body. This is a natural way to relieve knee pain.
- Epsom salt is rich in magnesium can relieve pain.
- It supports calcium absorption and reduces inflammation.
- Take a bath with Epsom salt for 20 minutes twice a week
3. Try a simple balance exercise
- Stand on one leg and try to keep your body straight.
- Switch legs every time you start losing your balance.
- This exercise helps strengthen the knee joint and prevents pain.
4. Gently rub your knees with soft movements using coconut or olive oil
- Massage clockwise and then counterclockwise for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat every day.
- Don’t massage your knees if you feel any discomfort or pain!
5. Prevent vitamin deficiency
- Damaged cartilage
- Vitamin E prevents the formation of enzymes that destroy the cartilage of the joints.
- Great sources of vitamin E are spinach, peanuts, and kiwi.
- Calcium promotes bone health that is also important for strong knees
- You can find a lot of calcium in cheese goat milk and green leafy vegetables.
7. Vitamin D is very important for joints and bone health
- Its deficiency increases the risk of fractures and bone loss
- Spend more time outside and consume more cereals, yolks and dairy products
8. Fish Oil
- Fish oil can increase bone density and strengthen your knees thanks to omega-3 fatty acids.
9. Try swimming
- It increases the mobility of joints and strengthens all muscle groups.
- Swim several times a week to prevent knee pain.
Knee pain is a common complaint from almost all age group.massaging is a great way to get rid of knee pain. But, try these natural ways to relieve knee pain. These ways are also super helpful for the knee problem.