So many people around us face dry scalp issue. Drinking less water, washing hair, again and again, are some common issues. If someone has dry scalp then they can experience dandruff, itchiness or hair loss. You can treat your dry scalp at home with some simple ingredients. Natural Remedy Club give you home remedies to get rid of dry scalp.
Dry skin occurs when your skin is lacking oil and moisture. Following are some home remedies to get rid of the dry scalp:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is mostly used home remedy for dandruff because its probiotics and anti-inflammatory properties calm the scalp irritation and stop the hair breakage.
- 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Cotton ball
- With the help of a cotton ball apply the vinegar on your scalp.
- Massage your scalp with your fingers for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave the vinegar on for about 10 minutes and then wash it off with cool water.
- Repeat this not more than twice a week.
How it works:
Being an astringent, ACV cleanses the scalp of harmful microbes and also balances the skin’s ph. This, in turn, rekindles the normal functioning of the oil glands and provide relief to your dry scalp.
2. Aloe Vera Juice:
Some evidence shows that aloe vera can give relief due to its anti-inflammatory effects.
- Aloe Vera Leaf
- Extract fresh Aloe vera gel from inside the leaf and add some water to this.
- Mix well to get a juice-like consistency.
- Apply this juice on your scalp and hair. Massage your scalp for a few minutes.
- Leave the aloe vera on for 20 minutes and then rinse your hair as usual.
- Repeat this twice a week.
How it works:
Aloe Vera is soothing for the dry and itchy scalp. It nourishes the skin on your scalp with amino acids, vitamins, sugars, and fatty acids.
3. Yogurt and Egg:
You can use this remedy for the dry skin but persons can avoid this if they think they have sensitive skin or allergy or egg or milk.
- 2-3 tablespoons unflavored yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Beat the egg along with the yogurt to get a smooth paste.
- Add the honey and mix well.
- Apply this mask on your scalp and hair.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and then wash it off with your regular shampoo.
- Do it once a week to reap the best benefits.
How it works:
Yogurt cleanses and exfoliates the scalp to remove all the dead and dry skin. Egg nourishes the scalp and conditions your hair with its fat and protein content.
Have tried any of these home remedies to get rid of the dry scalp? If yes, then we would like to listen from you that which one you tried and the benefit you got from this. Also, check out our more haircare blogs and get more natural remedy tips and tricks.